Interpretação de Texto: 10. Enjoying popcorn at the movie - Answers
1. Find two phrasal verbs in the text. Define them. Translate it into Portuguese.
- drown out = if something drowns a sound, it’s so loud that you can’t hear that sound properly. Sufocar; dissipar, amortecer
- couple with = if you say that one thing produces a particular effect when it’s coupled with another, you mean that the two things combine to produce that effect. Unir, acoplar.
2. Find an idiom in the text. Define it. Translate it into Portuguese.
- change of heart = change of attitude; change of mind. Mudança de opinião, idéia.
|B. TEXT QUESTIONS|
1. Who first popped popcorn?
Native Americans were the first to pop popcorn.
2. What did a boy from Iowa do in 1914?
He formed the American Pop Corn Company and began to sell popcorn.
3. What happened in the 1920s?
In the 1920s the popcorn was introduced into the movie theaters.
4. Why did theater managers discourage the practice of eating popcorn during the movie?
Theater managers discouraged the practice because the crunching distracted the other patrons.
5. When did theater managers permit the establishment of lobby concessions? Why?
The theater managers permitted the establishment of lobby concessions with the introduction of background music and sound for the movies, which drowned out the crunching, coupled with the need for cash during the Depression.
>> AINDA SOBRE Interpretação de Texto
- 01. Almost Here
- 04. Exercising - Answers
- 06. Charlie Chaplin - Answers
- 07. Cleopatra
- 08. Cleopatra - Answers
- 09. Enjoying popcorn at the movie
- 11. Suzanne
- 12. Suzanne - Answers