|B. TEXT QUESTIONS|
1. Who first popped popcorn?
Native Americans were the first to pop popcorn.
2. What did a boy from Iowa do in 1914?
He formed the American Pop Corn Company and began to sell popcorn.
3. What happened in the 1920s?
In the 1920s the popcorn was introduced into the movie theaters.
4. Why did theater managers discourage the practice of
eating popcorn during the movie?
Theater managers discouraged the practice because the crunching distracted the
5. When did theater managers permit the establishment
of lobby concessions? Why?
The theater managers permitted the establishment of lobby concessions with the
introduction of background music and sound for the movies, which drowned out the
crunching, coupled with the need for cash during the Depression.